The Wand Position

The Wand Position
Often Used for Magic

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Choices On Our Soul's Path

Priming the pump - you've all heard that term - it essentially means for our purposes here - encouraging a benevolent and desirable outcome by getting something started. My intention here on Benevolent Magic has been from the beginning of this blog to prime your pump.

We are all born on this planet from a point of origin where we have tremendous capabilities. We leave those capabilities behind when we come here so that we can reinvent - or you might say recreate our knowledge base.

Imagine if you would for a moment that you've lived many lives in different places, different planets as different sorts of beings and you may have accumulated during that time a great deal of knowledge and wisdom and of course skills and abilities but you may need - or believe you need at least other skills and abilities - something perhaps so different than what you've been learning and perfecting that the only way to achieve it is to forget who and what you are.

Very often, as I've been taught, souls who wish to acquire something in their knowledge base choose - with Creator's permission of course - to be born on this planet because on Earth as we know it now we experience a great deal of stress and while stress is not a fun thing to experience it is a fence - you might say a guideline.

We don't like bouncing off the fence but we get definite feedback from it that we've taken the wrong direction or that there is another direction that might be more beneficial.

This planet is a learning place and if we choose as souls to come here to learn something new, we will invariably try something or create a general pathway for ourselves in this life in order to move in a direction we haven't tread on before.

You'll know if you're moving in that direction - giving you a little guideline to know here - if you feel totally at sea about something you're doing, meaning that you really do not have any awareness, any clue or any sense of natural ability in what you're doing.

I'm not saying that you are to pursue it and make a profession out of it but tread slowly and lightly - ask for guidance and help. There are others who may know more about these things. Also, if you feel like you're being steered onto that path - it might be something that your soul wants you to explore - not necessarily - as I say to perfect it but to familiarize yourself with it.

Sometimes familiarization simply means to get a lay of the land, not necessarily to participate.

Here on Earth we have one thing that is not so available on other planets I believe, and that is the tremendous variety and experience of life.

We don't like stress - no and we don't like bouncing into walls or fences - no - who does - but very often when these things occur we must turn - we must change the course of our path and that turn or that change of course will sometimes take us on to a path that will lead us to an easier transit - something that is easier - something that is more in alignment with who and what we are.

If that happens to you, don't fight it too much but know that you may not have to be there indefinitely. Look around, see what you can learn and feel if it is for you. If it isn't for you then notice it, observe it in others and move on. Perhaps that's all your soul wants you to do.

Goodlife to you all and goodnight.

7 comments:

Steve said...

Robert,
I wrote a long comment but didn't send. Instead I opt to say just that this post is fascinating to me. Your words are validating and stimulating.
Thank you.
Ilias

Robert Shapiro said...

Ilias, thank you for your comment and your kind words.

As you may know by now there is some difficulty in Blogger with people who are in the classic version of Blogger making comments on those in the beta version. I did not know this when I moved my account to beta. So perhaps the cure is to move your account to beta. It's much easier then it once was and perhaps it will be very simple. For me it just took about 5 minutes total. It's up to you of course.

Goodlife my friend.

Steve said...

Actually, I think that I am on beta now. I chose not to send the longer comment, I wanted to keep it simple. Thanks again for your post.
Ilias

Seven said...

Robert,
This is a nicely crafted piece. I think it is because it can be interpreted in so many different manners. As I was reading I was thinking about being stubborn. I was thinking that we sometimes miss this naturalness you speak of because we become so set in our beliefs or positions even when we feel uncomfortable.
Someone else will take something different from your words, but I think this is what gives the post its power.

Robert Shapiro said...

Thank you Seven for those kind words and for your clarity.
Goodlife my friend.

Steve said...

I guess I wasn't on Beta, but now I am. It might have been a root for some of my comment and posting issues.
In thankfulness.
Ilias

Robert Shapiro said...

Ilias, welcome to beta and more importantly - now I can read your comments more easily :-)

Goodlife my friend.