The Wand Position

The Wand Position
Often Used for Magic

Monday, August 04, 2008

Pay Attention To Your World Around You

The focus of your practice now - there needs to be more attention to what is immediately around you. Try to notice little things that may have escaped your attention.

The creatures who may walk on the ground, the little ones eh. The birds in the sky, the ants on the trees and so on. Try to pay attention to what the non-humans are doing. That will always give you clues as to what you can expect in the future.

Do you know that almost all accurate future predictions are supported by non-human life on this planet. They do not know, ala a crystal ball eh, what's going to happen exactly in the future but with their cumulative contributions simply by being - and being comfortable with them and allowing them to be and exist without harming them and perhaps even being cordial to them - saying goodlife and so on and mean it - then they might just make available to your conscious mind or to your inspirations what may happen. And what develops there is either through dream or sudden inspiration or other forms of communicated wisdom - you may get an idea of what will happen in the future.

This will not have to do with personal lives very much but it may have to do in general with weather, climate, earth motion and activities, drought, flood, plenty, famine. In short it will have to do with general things that can often make the difference between comfort in life and struggle.

This is not new information so much, it is just a reminder for you. Pay attention - what are the animals doing, are the trees seeding in an unusual way, what are the plants doing.

I'm not talking about what you grow in your yard and fertilize and water, I'm talking about what grows naturally on its own without need for human care.

If you're in a city this would probably be weeds, also known as plants that have not been fully appreciated for who they are yet, or trees that have grown on their own near streams perhaps or rivers.

If you live in the country then they will simply be plants - not a part of farms - or in the forest. Old growth perhaps or even young growth that has sprouted up from old growth.

Pay attention. What are the plants doing. What are the animals doing. What does it feel like around you. Pay attention. What do the clouds look like in the sky. Pay attention. How is the wind blowing and what ways does the patterns in the dirt or sand show you what might be.

Talk to the elders. Ask them what signs they have seen in the past in the natural world - what I'm speaking about here today - that have immediately preceded something that happened. Don't lose that wisdom in your family, in your culture, in your world. Try to accumulate it not only for your own sake and the sake of those around you but for the sake of future generations.

Towards that end, if you like, you can say the following living prayer. You might say, "I am asking that all those beings on Earth which are representative of all peoples now make their knowledge and wisdom much more available to human beings and especially to me that I may know and communicate to my fellow humans that which we need to know to help ourselves and to help each other."

Now when I say "peoples" this always refers to all beings. Goodlife.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Robert, Ive missed a few post lately and just trying to get caught up. I enjoy your current one here. This is an analogy of how I live my life behind many circumstances. My call sign so to speak wants to be unique.Goodlife seems to be a positive personal sign for you and others. How about for me somthing like gowell. I'm still working on this. I feel this deals with personal identity influences. I listen to all, but I want to be a creative individual too. Thank you Robert and gowell!

Alison Jane Lysakowski said...

i love when your posts coincide with what ive already been doing MYSELF in my own way lately. :]

its kind of odd that you say my posts have a spiritual directive, because that is my purpose underneath it all, but my posts are really about just what's going on in my personal life. so i dont think it would interfere with your own work at all if you read it but i understand..

if i inspire you at all, its really of your own making.

thank you for giving me a different link! i will check that out now.

Robert Shapiro said...

Greetings Alison, thank you for your comment. It is good that you are observing nature for nature often tells us things we need to know.

As regards your blogs I generally find that people who have an interest in spiritual realms do speak spiritually regardless of whether they are talking about their personal needs or their observations. This is not a bad thing, it's a good thing.

Nevertheless I have to go with my guidance and if guidance indicates to me and my own perceptions indicate to me that it is better for me to read other things - things that allow me to help people but not things that necessarily cause me to imitate then this is better for me. For the time I have left on this planet it is something that I have dedicated my life to so that it is possible for me to do what I can for others and my feeling is that even in your busy life this is something that you are dedicated to as well.

I feel a great many people who come to this blog and my others have that same dedication or at least interest.

Goodlife.

Robert Shapiro said...

Greetings Anonymous, I feel gowell is perfect for you and it is a blessing isn't it and that is good and it is also a salutation and that is good. It is something one can say upon greeting and upon parting.

This is what I utilize goodlife for and I feel that your choice of a term suits you perfectly and you might even find that over time others will begin to say it as well. This will be a good thing.

Goodlife.