The Wand Position

The Wand Position
Often Used for Magic

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Confronting Life As A Real Thing

A crisis of conscience is something that all people on a spiritual path experience at least once, usually more often than that. Recently someone asked a question about that which I posted on one of my other blogs and it got me to thinking about how often this occurs for us all.

After all, before we get interested in spirituality and mystical and shamanic and all of the other things that I speak about on this blog and my others we live our lives don't we.

We have experiences, we develop attitudes, we live - and then over time we begin to examine, to explore, to put things together. We acquire knowledge, information, perhaps we're fortunate and meet a teacher or two who help us and ease us on to a more benevolent path for us. And then as life would do we are presented with things that used to upset us and we try out our new spirituality perhaps - take it out for a spin so to speak and yet how often it happens that those old things still upset us and our new spirituality cannot always bring us through with ease.

I'm not bringing this up because I'm criticizing anybody, I'm bringing it up because it's a real thing that happens to us all and I want you to know that it is a solvable situation.

This is what I recommend for starters. First I recommend you say the following benevolent magic. I recommend you say, "I request that I be able to unite my true spiritual beliefs that give me comfort now with all that has upset me in the past and present and that these good feelings from my beliefs are able to overcome that which has brought me down and made my life one of conflict in the past. And that this resolution will result in the most benevolent outcome."

That's what I recommend you say for starters and then the next thing I recommend - and it is the most important is that you have patience with yourself. Don't expect perfection. You're on your spiritual path now or you're considering it perhaps and it will take time.

You'll have to apply it to different times and situations and see how it works. If it works you'll say, "Alright, this is for me." If it doesn't work you'll say perhaps, "I need to modify this. I need to add something or subtract something." Give yourself time. You are learning something that requires testing for you. Don't accept it at face value if it doesn't fit into your life. So do try it out. If it works - wonderful. If it doesn't work don't just throw it away.

Give it a chance by adding more or trying something that works better for you. That's what I recommend.

Goodlife to you all and goodnight.

No comments: