The Wand Position

The Wand Position
Often Used for Magic

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Heart Of Travel

Do you ever travel to lands beyond your own? It is natural isn't it to notice how the people are different.

Sometimes one appreciates the differences, other times they just make you uncomfortable - and of course then when you get home what was once annoying appears to be comforting.

I'm going to recommend that you seek out the heart of cultures that you visit whether they be in your country or beyond and the way to do this is always through the food. Don't look so much for the modern leading edge food of those who experiment but try the cafeterias and the small restaurants that serve the people the foods that they like and that they were raised with.

Try only what feels good to you and what generally draws you towards it. In this way you will be able to experience the true heart of the people for in the true heart there is food and there is love. One cannot often connect with the true love of peoples that you visit in other countries but by this means it can be helpful.

I would recommend in order to prepare yourself for such a journey that you say the following Living Prayer. You might say, "I am asking that my experience in the foreign lands I visit or the cultures from afar that I attend in my own country be benevolent and nurturing for me and allow me to appreciate the value in these other expressions of life."

Goodlife to you all and goodnight.

No comments: