The Wand Position

The Wand Position
Often Used for Magic

Monday, April 16, 2007

Repetitive Dreams - What Might They Be

Have you ever had the experience of a dream that is repetitious - not necessarily frightening or agitating but repetitious? Maybe not every night, just every once in a while - and the natural conclusion is that you're trying to learn something or that life as you're living it is trying to tell you something.

I want to offer an alternate explanation. I'm not saying that it is the only explanation but it is an alternate explanation that I feel is valuable.

One of the reasons we're here on this planet, as I believe and I've been taught, is not only to learn how to get along on our own but quite obviously just looking at societies all over the world - how to get along with others in a situation where we need to be co-operative and at the very least - communicative in some way.

I believe that we are here to continue what we do in other worlds. Other worlds are very easy by comparison to this one. This is the Ph.D. school, this is the hard place and in Ph.D. school you are expected to function largely on your own with some minor degree of guidance.

Here we are expected to do that as well even though we might have a lot of guidance from those around us - oftentimes more guidance than we would ever want or need - yes :-)?

So I believe that what's going on that we're having in this dream experience is some version of assisting others.

I know this is going to sound fantastic to you but what if...we're in Guide school? What if we're in a situation where we're trying to resolve something that has to do with guiding others?

We are familiar with the idea of having Guides, those who help us out, those who try to give us a word or a suggestion that will ease our way in this life. What if we are that.

I know we tend to think of Guides as being Angelic Beings but what if we are that and what if we have that on an ongoing basis even though we have a life here at the same time?

What if we're trying to do both in order to increase our level of compassion and understanding for those whom we're trying to help and at the same time trying to find a way to resolve something that we have been unable to resolve - meaning unable to help whoever it is we're guiding because we need that compassion and we need that understanding of life here on Earth.

I realize that may sound a bit fantastic but it is alright to suggest such possibilities isn't it. I believe that it might just be possible and it is certainly one explanation for repetitive "dreams" because maybe this is where we're stuck in trying to help that person that we're guiding.

Maybe our whole life here is to help us to get unstuck - to develop compassion and experience so that when we continue with our work beyond this planet we will have patience to a much greater degree.

Compassion yes, experience yes and also we will not have such high demands and expectations and yes attachments for our own capacity to resolve anything, everything - to help everyone all the time, to make sure that everyone is happy before we are happy - in short to accomplish all there is.

Maybe all there is is a co-operative effort. Maybe all that is is a co-operative effort also.

Consider it, think about it and yes - it's okay to smile about it too. Goodlife.

6 comments:

Lynilu said...

Hmmm. "Guide school." I've wondered about something similar to that for some time. We seem to have a rather intricate network through which we help one another on alternating schedules. Great food for thought, Robert.

My life is settling down a bit now, so I should be around and commenting more regularly. Look out!

Robert Shapiro said...

Thanks for the warning Lynilu - I'll be sure to duck :-)

Goodlife my friend.

Margie said...

Great post Robert!
Thank you, and thanks for your visit today...it was very much appreciated!

Margie
P.S Even though I'll be on an extended break from blogging, I'll be popping in here now and then for a visit!
Love your posts!

Robert Shapiro said...

Hi Margie, thank you for your comment.

I am hopeful my friend that you will have a good time with your puppy, your family and your life. It's good isn't it, to refresh oneself especially in the world of creative arts where you dwell.

Perhaps many of us dwell there and occasionally forget don't we - that we need to refresh ourselves much as we enjoy refreshing others with our words, thoughts and deeds.

Goodlife my friend.

Anonymous said...

I've been doing dream work for over a decade now and never cease to be amazed at how much more there is to learn.In the past three years I've had some pretty intense dream experiences and can state unequivicolly that I have even had others peoples's dreams for them when they were not ready to resolve a situation they were going through. I do find that these dreams are clearer when they are about someone we know and care about,(emotion being the strength behind the experience) tho I've expeienced this phenomenon with aquaintances also.Ive also had people relate drams to me that they've had about me which were clearly about my stuff and not theirs. Great topic!

Robert Shapiro said...

Dorothy, I very much appreciate your comment and your sharing of your experience.

It is an interesting thing isn't it. Dreams, are they another world? I feel they really are another world where we assist others and they assist us. Perhaps it's a place where we all connect while we're still on Earth.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Goodlife.